Agricultural Production Statistics: June 2012
May 13, 2013 by
Agriculture, Beef, Dairy, Horticulture, Red Meat, Sheep and Lamb
On Monday Statistics NZ released the Agricultural Production Statistics: June 2012.
Key facts as at 30 June 2012:
- Dairy cattle numbers were 6.4 million, up 1.2 million from 2007.
- Sheep numbers were 31.3 million, down 7.2 million from 2007.
- Beef numbers were 3.7 million, down 660,000 from 2007.
- The planted area of wine grapes increased 17 percent from 2007 (to 34,560 hectares).
During the year ended 30 June 2012:
- The area of wheat harvested increased 35 percent from 2007 (to 54,800 hectares);
- The area of irrigable land increased 17 percent from 2007 (to 721,700 hectares).
The Agricultural Production Statistics: June 2012 report and supporting excel tables including the supplementary statistics for Federation of Māori Authorities